Saturday, July 2, 2011

If you fly Business Class, flights should be 16 days long!!!

Alright my first official post of the America vacation was supposed to be after I land describing the awesomeness of Philadelphia and Survivor, but however a recent change in events have diverted my attentions elsewhere. For the record this was the first time I have ever flown abroad ! EVER! And my super fly dad decided to break my duck with probably the most fulfilling airline experiences I will ever have. 16 hours of pure bliss in the heavens above. So much so I was literally crying when I found out that due to an already overbooked flight, they could only bump us up to Business Class with a catch. What was the catch you ask? Oh well it meant that I had to sit alone far far away from my parents!!! Guys its at times like this in life when you actually accept that maybe there is a big guy up there, pulling all the strings.

So I set off to my seat, plush expansive massage chairs with full recliner comfort, the softest of pillows, the prettiest of air hostesses, everything. EVERYTHING was PERFECT about business class. And all this was before I had taken a look at the in flight menu. Now the most annoying part about my journey was the fact that I was surrounded by 25 people who had probably flown Business class all their life, hence zero excitement. I however was like a little child on Christmas morning; so with me gasping at every single thing about the Jet Privilege Experience I was sort of sticking out like a bull in a China Shop. But what the hell, let them secretly mock me; I wasn't going to let some fancy suit spoil my flight.

I don't really like airline food, I was always the type who would sit through the entire flights listening to my music and just having the welcome drink. But last night, I didn't even bother taking out my I-pod. The Bar Menu was so amazing, I swear I think I got a little tipsy just by looking at it. Only the best for business class. Single Malt Whiskey and I must say I was spoilt for choice. Glen Fiddich 18 Year Blend, Chivas 18 Year Blend, Black Label 18 Year Blend, Campari, Grey Goose Vodka and Wine. There was so much wine on the menu I couldn't even believe it. There were wines that I had not even heard of. And let me tell you Wine is seriously the most under-rated drink ever. No prizes for guessing the drink I ordered - Glen Fiddich!! A gentlemen never reveals how many pegs he's had. The in flight movie selection was a bit lame, especially the Hollywood ones, but that gave me a good chance to catch up on some good Hindi movies that I had not gotten the chance to see. The food was your textbook "Airplane Food". I hardly had breakfast. Unless you can count Whiskey for Breakfast, Red Wine for lunch followed up with some lip smacking Prawns.

Ahh the Good Life !! I can't thank my father enough and here's hoping each and every one of us experience this heavenly experience atleast once in their lifetime. All I have to say is BUSINESS CLASS FTW !!! :) :) Sorry guys this post comes without any pictures, I was so high on Business Class that it never dawned to me that I had a camera. 

No comments:

Post a Comment