Monday, July 25, 2011

Survivor - The GREATEST BAND EVER!!

Its about time I featured my FAVORITE band in the whole world - SURVIVOR. I'm convinced they are easily the world's most under-rated band, so much of their music is unknown to most people. The first thing people think of when I say Survivor is Rocky Balboa and "Eye of the Tiger". People just assume thats their best song, but clearly they don't what Survivor really is. I'm still shocked how such an awesome band had such little success, but there's no denying the fact that Rocky really brought them to the scene. You know those awesome scores in Rocky that we all listen to when we are at the gym, its all by SURVIVOR. I wouldn't say Survivor is completely a Classic Rock band, most of their music is from the 80's. Still they are cool enough to be called a Classic Rock band. They started off in 1979, still very young none of their songs really caught the eye. But come the 80's the albums really started to kick some serious ass. Premonition was mind blowing and then Eye of the Tiger happened. Monster hit that album was, instant platinum selling album.

The main reason I rate Survivor so highly is actually because I do RATE Survivor so much. The sheer numbers only prove my point, of all their 80 odd songs, a total of 55 songs made in onto my "Top Rated" list on my i-Pod. So forgive if I'm a little biased, but I just love Survivor too much. The main reason why they are such a kick ass band is the fact that you will never get bored with any of their albums, all the ten songs are good enough to keep you hooked for years. Some songs are so awesome that you will keep listening to them over and over again. And its not like all of their music is about "pumping yourself up" like Rocky did, no they have songs about love, pain, heartbreak etc. There are just way to many songs that I like to name but still gun to my head I'd say "Vital Signs" is there best album. "Broken Promises" is such a brilliant song, as is "High on You", but that's a personal choice really. Also "Jackie Don't Go" is an awesome song. But then like I said there are just too many songs to put in brackets, I'd strongly recommend EVERY SINGLE SONG of EVERY SINGLE ALBUM of Survivor. Its easily the best 79 songs you will download. Totally worth it. Here's the entire discography:
  • 1979 - Survivor
  • 1981 - Premonition
  • 1982 - Eye of the Tiger
  • 1983 - Caught in the Game
  • 1984 - Vital Signs
  • 1986 - When Seconds Count
  • 1988 - Too Hot To Sleep
  • 2006 - Reach
There's not a single album thats not good, at least that's what I think. Do not be fooled by the idiots who tell you "Eye of The Tiger" is their best album, get them all and you will see for yourself that albums like "Caught In the Game", "Premonition" and "When Seconds Count" should also have been platinum selling albums. My biggest regret about my American vacation was the fact that I couldn't get hold of a Survivor T Shirt. I searched high and low, but the shirt or merchandise of any kind of the band evaded me. Still I have the rest of my life, and till then I will search for this Shirt. This is so the type of shirt you would never want to wear, instead you would frame it and put it up on your wall proudly. Here's hoping that day comes soon, Real Soon. Even their pictures or wallpapers are so hard to find on the Internet, still their music isn't. So go ahead and get their discography and thank me later. Long live SURVIVOR, Long live CLASSIC ROCK. Like I always say, "If it ain't CLASSIC, it ain't ROCK".  

1 comment:

  1. I have an originsl survivor concert t shirt, if your interested in buying. Let me know 661-312-7716 dustin

    ReplyDelete