Monday, July 18, 2011

Progressive Pysch Rock is on the UP!!!

Okay, I want to stray away from the blog's Classic Rock theme for the first time. Now I'm not the kind of guy who likes to experiment a lot with my music, like I must have mentioned countless no. of times, I will only listen to an Artist/Band if someone gives me a good review about the same. Still even then that was only applicable for Classic Rock. My music horizons would never expand as I was so lost in the vastness and depth of the awesome Ocean that is Classic Rock. But if you have grown tired of listening to the same Classic Rock music and need some techno-ish influence and feel to your music, you should really check out Prog-Pysch Rock. Some good bands here guys, most notable and my personal favorite MGMT.

Honest to god I have no clue what their full form is, still its a pretty good band. A lot of their music reminds me of Pink Floyd, still no one can match the levels of Pink Floyd, I think MGMT is a great band and I will definitely be looking out for them in the future. They are just 2 albums old, having debuted in 2007. Still Oracular Spectacular was a pretty decent success even though the album took almost 2 years to complete. Good music, very electronic, 5-6 songs are really really good songs. Their second album was sort of a bummer, still definitely worth keeping track off. I mean it's like 2 albums, so thats roughly 20 songs, surely that's not a lot to download, even for the stingiest of broad band users. Some of the songs to definitely check out are "Kids", "Time to Pretend", "Electric Feel", "Youth", "Weekend Wars" etc. The first album is a good album, so you should definitely check that out. I hear their next album won't be out till 2012, so thats gonna be a bit of a wait, still for now you can check out their discography:

  • 2007 - Oracular Spectacular
  • 2010 - Congratulations

No comments:

Post a Comment