Tuesday, July 12, 2011

TOTTINO's Pizza

A very good pizza place this is. Located a little off Los Angeles in the city of Inglewood, California Tottino's was a welcome change for me after all the burgers in Vegas and New Jersey. I didn't actually have the time to go down to the restaurant and dine there, but they have a very good delivery service, so I ordered for a couple of pizzas to my hotel room. Now the first thing about an American pizza is that is an actual pizza with italian authenticity unlike the Tandoori filled crap you get in India. Also their pizzas are humongous, they usually sell pizza's at anything from 1 dollar to 5 dollars a slice; still they even sell 8 inch, 10 inch, 12 inch, 14 and even those mammoth 16 inch pizzas. Cheese is pretty much a standard ingredient here and you are not charged for it, and you can pick and choose your toppings. Atleast in Tottino's you had like 20-25 toppings to choose from and also they had their custom pizzas like your Pepperoni, Meat Lovers, BBQ Chicken etc. They even had a Veggie Special loaded with Mushrooms and Jalapeno's, and a mexican pizza. I however tried the Hawaiian pizza and boy did I make the right choice. Juicy pieces of ham and PINEAPPLE. Now you can call me fruity or whatever, but I think pineapple is one of the most awesome toppings at any pizza place, it gives you that Sweet and Spicy flavor that is just heavenly. The quantity is huge too at Tottino's. One medium has 8 big slices and that's easily enough for 2 people.

They have like a dozen starters like Mozarella Sticks, Breadsticks, Buffalo Wings etc, but yet again you need to have a monster appetite and a good foodie group to order everything on the menu. Still I loved this place, and I'm glad this was the first American Pizza I had. This had the right amount of Cheese, sauce and even the toppings were perfect. Delivery takes about 45 mins, but I must the pizza was hot even while I was eating it. If you're tired of the all the expensive eat outs at L.A and Hollywood Blvd, then this place is a pleasant change of scene. A medium pizza costs only about 12 dollars, which is a steal when you look at it just in terms of Dollars. I however was converting it to Indian Rupees and so I was feeling the pinch, still all in all great Pizza Place. Viva Tottino's !! 

No comments:

Post a Comment