Monday, July 25, 2011

Breakfast in AMERICA!!!


My dream vacation is finally over, and the thing I’ll miss the most about America is definitely the Breakfast. Now as per my usual routine, I skip Breakfast and go straight ahead to Lunch, and in the off chance that I do manage to wake up in time for Office, my “Breakfast” consists of Coffee and toast sandwich if I’m feeling a little hungry. Lol, in America people spend roughly one and a half hours of their day eating breakfast. Man those American’s can eat. Men, Women even Children seem to eat limitless amounts of food for breakfast in the morning which gives them the energy to tackle their day to day activities. This culture of a Healthy breakfast really appealed to me, cause that’s how you’re meals should be. You know that old saying, Breakfast like a King, Lunch like a Prince and Dinner like a Pauper. Well the American’s have certainly got that going for them. I had one such breakfast buffet at the Courtyard Marriot when I was away at the Niagara Falls. Now the breakfast buffet is open for all, not just the hotel guests and it’s usually 10-15 dollars per person which is alarmingly cheap if you earn in dollars. Still for us tourists who would convert the same into Indian Rupees, I’d say this was one such expenditure that was totally worth it. 

Now the best part about a buffet is the fact that you have limitless food, so you can have 2-3 helpings of the same dish and its still okay. Eggs are an important part of the breakfast menu, so every hotel’s probably going to have an Egg Station, where the chefs will cook your omelette from scratch as per your request. You can top up this omelette with all your favourite veggies and there’s only like 5 types of cheese that you can choose from. Haha if you think that’s a pretty filling breakfast, hold on I’m only getting started. Scrambled eggs and “Sunny Side Up Omelettes “are also available for those who like their eggs that way. You have to toast your own bread if you want some. Then we head across to the pancakes and waffle station. No chefs here, its self-service time, but honestly even a monkey can make himself a waffle, its that simple once you have the batter ready. Right next to it is an enormous maple syrup bottle, powdered sugar, marshmallows and butter. If you’re a sweet tooth, then this is pretty much the place you are going to spend most of your breakfast time in. Chocolate waffles are also available, again very easy to make – and don’t forget to take a cup of maple syrup with you separately cause it’s so good you’re definitely going to want some more.

I’m still not done. Next we go to the Croissants and Bagel section. A huge range of breads, all kinds of different varieties, stuff that most people would never knew existed. If you go to America and don’t eat a Bagel, well that’s just sad. Its easily the best breakfast dish to make and to eat. The cream cheese is to DIE for. The bagel itself comes in at least 5-6 types, ranging from Cinnamon flavoured to an “all-in-one” Bagel. Still I’d choose the plain bagel with Strawberry Cream Cheese. That works for me. Plain cream cheese is also very good, but Strawberry is just better. Croissants are generally flavoured mostly apple or strawberry and the muffins are just too good to resist. Blueberry, plain, frosted icing, vanilla and chocolate, well you get the point – you have all the possible muffins in front of you. Then we move onwards to the fruit bar. OMG the fruits!!! It’s like they handpicked the fruits, picking only the freshest and juiciest ones for their guests. Pineapples, Strawberries, Papayas, Watermelons, Peaches, Musk Melons, Bananas and so many more cut nicely and served out for you to pick your favourite fruits. Definitely have them all, even if you don’t like the taste, because these fruits are nothing like the ones you get in India. They somehow just taste different. Better. Fresher. 


I’m still NOT DONE. I saved the best part for the end. The BACON, Holy mother of God the BACON. Words can’t adequately describe the pure awesomeness of the bacon. Goes well with your eggs and bread, hell it goes well with anything. Crisp, perfectly cooked, it’s easily the best meat you can have for breakfast. Sausages are also available and I don’t need to remind you that you can have unlimited no of sausages and servings. Starting to look like a dynamite deal isn’t it. Apart from all this you are served Coffee and a wide variety of juices on your table, I’d definitely recommend the juices, cranberry my personal favourite. The coffee in America is too strong for my liking, I’m a proper South Indian that way and only my Filter coffee gets me excited about coffee. And finally after unlimited refills of all this your American Breakfast is over. You’re probably gonna need 10 minutes to just rub your belly and relax. They let you do that also, if people were curious. Nothing is frowned upon there.

See I knew I forgot something, the YOGURT. Flavoured or plain, and flavoured includes all the possible fruits you can think of. Again Strawberry is my favourite. Now I’m not usually a Strawberry guy, but the ones in America are just too good. Hands down the sweetest you will ever eat in life. Okay I’m done now, sit back, Enjoy and READ you’re HEAVY AMERICAN BREAKFAST.


No comments:

Post a Comment