Monday, July 18, 2011

Me Likey Mexicana!!

First things first, I have to apologize to my cousin sister for thinking Mexican Food was crap. I was ill informed. Mexican food can be a wonderful culinary experience if you know what to eat and how much to eat! Two things I never seem to get right in my life. Turns out Burritto's arent the only thing Mexican in a classic mexican deli. That's just the tip of the iceberg. There is just so much variety in their food, the only possible downside it is that they have all these baked beans that I'm not a very big fan of. Still Taco Bell was an absolute blast, thats to Krupa Guruvayurappan, I can't thank her enough for finally opening my eyes and experiencing the GRAND EL TACO with some NACHO SUPREME and Salsa.


Taco Bell is a very famous chain in America, probably not as popular as a McD or Burger King, but definitely every freeway exit is somehow connected to a Taco Bell. The food is again dirt cheap, with ridiculously low prices, they have a good non veg menu, but I myself didn't try any of their non-veg so I cannot comment on the same for now. You should definitely have the Queso with Cheesy Dip, the best Nachos I have ever had in my life. That and the Nacho El Grande are enough to get you started and warmed up for the wonderful main course. Now the thing with Mexican food is that you can never have too much of it, like you can never enjoy just 3 plates of Enchiladas or Fahitas. You need to mix things up and try little of everything. That's the perfect way to eat at Taco Bell, so I would say avoid the Enchiladas, like I said, its just plain baked beans wrap around a Rumali Roti, I think its safe to say, I've had better food than that. Still the Mexican Pizza at Taco Bell is to KILL FOR. This is apparently their specialty and I have it on good authority that no where else in America can you get a Mexican Pizza this good. Taco Bell's is simply the best. 4 thin slices of pizza with a Taco shell and ample cheese, this is without a doubt the best item on their menu.

The classic taco is a corn preparation, so you shouldn't over dose on it, still the Double Decker supreme is probably the best Taco dish I've ever had. It has perfect amounts of both the hard and soft taco in a wrap, loaded with baked beans and cheese. The salsa that comes with it is amazing, not to sweet, not to spicy. Simply Perfect. Apart from that you have 4-5 different sauces in Taco Bell. I love the packets and the way they have marketed them, each sauce being a grade hotter than the other one. Now I love spicy food and I need something spicy in all my meals, so I went straight to the Hot sauce which for me wasn't really that hot, still I loved the BBQ flavored sauce and the FIRE sauce, which is their hottest sauce. This really sets your lips on fire, a mexican pizza loaded with these sauces and a nice big soda on the side, a perfect LUNCH. You do get cocktails like Mohitos and coolers at Taco Bell, but obviously they don't serve alcohol. Again they offer you unlimited refills, boy I just cant seem to get enough of these Unlimited refills. The greatest thing about Taco Bell is that you aren't stuffed even after a very heavy meal. Mexican food in general is very light, and easy to digest, probably cause its one of the most healthiest types of food. Still I loved it, and from now I have a new found perspective for Mexican Food.

Viva Mexicana, El TACO BELL!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment