Sunday, June 26, 2011

Steve Miller Band..


It has come to my attention that a few of my followers feel that the music section of the blog is too much like Wikipedia and that they want me to try and be more expressive about the song/band and describe how it makes me feel. Easy for them to say, granted as Akshay Hariharan’s only sentences that don't include the words “Noob”, “Jhaata” or “It’s Gay” are probably spoken whilst ordering his grandma to feed his lazy ass even more. Still the mans got a valid point so I shall try and incorporate this new style in my next blog. 

Firstly I picked Eagles and CCR as my first two posts because 1) I literally knew the band's discography by heart and 2) I do spend a lot of time researching stuff on Wikipedia and that's pretty much how I started listening to these bands. It's not like I'm copy-pasting data off Wikipedia, please thats just sad. To prove my point, check out my review for Steve Miller Band. Now I have absolutely no idea about how many albums they made or who their lead singer is, all I know is that a friend of mine (the same fat dosai gobbling monster) recommended the Greatest Hits album of the band. Now at first Steve Miller Band may seem sort of dull, they don't have that X Factor that a lot of other bands from their time had, but again patience is the virtue. Four maybe five hearing's later you will really start to like Steve Miller. They've got like 6-7 good songs which you can listen to once in a while; nothing more. My honest opinion is that you shouldn't waste space on downloading their entire discography, I think just the Greatest Hits should be sufficient. Some of their noteworthy songs include “Jungle Love”, “Abracadabra”, “Wintertime”, “Give It Up” and “Wild Mountain Honey”. The stand out song just has to be “The Joker”. This is one song which will feel so familiar to you the first time you hear it that you would think you've been hearing it all your life. All in all I’d give the go ahead to the Greatest Hits album of Steve Miller Band. 

PS: No Akshay, I am not going to right “How it makes me feel”, I’m already tired of one village idiot asking me that question all day long, I don't want to entertain another one.


No comments:

Post a Comment