Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Lal Bagh ka Raja !!!!


I think it’s about time I gave a proper food review – which includes good Tandoori Food, Kebabs, good music and the true Fine dining experience of Mewar. Now I have to confess, I spent close to 20 years of my life being a pure vegetarian (well there’s no point crying over spilt milk), so a lot of my initial reviews will be good vegetarian places to eat, but don’t be disheartened – I’ve still got a lot of other places to recommend from both Udaipur and Bombay. Yes I’m still in Udaipur and we wanted to have the proper Udaipur experience so we went to this restaurant named Lal Bagh. Now I wanted to try out a new style of reviewing both the food here and my colleagues who I went to eat with. So here goes:

There once was a Brahmin boy named Gautam,
He joined Deloitte as an auditor cause he thought it might be fun,
In a few months he realized that there was no hope,
It finally dawned on him that being a pure Vegetarian didn’t have much scope.

Then he met a wise man named Nayan Shetty,
Who had a fancy Innova and would roam around the city,
From Bade Miyan to Kao Gulli, he had tried it all,
Anyone on his audit team, was sure to have a ball.
 
So together they set off to the land of Mewar,
How I wish, Nayan had got his big spacious car,
The palaces and the lakes left us awe stricken,
But like I said, this review is all about some Butter Chicken.




Lal Bagh as a restaurant is simple stunning,
One look at their Non-Veg menu and me and Nayan were Grinning,
Possibly the best Chicken Tikkas and Kebabs,
Main tho kehta hoon, Lal Bagh ka Shuruwat tha LAA-JAWAAB.

The ambience is classy with a live playing band,
Too bad for them, they weren’t really in demand,
And the service was ridiculously slow,
And boy some of the prices on the menu weren’t very low!!!

The Main course was an absolute delight,
Even the vegetarians were gobbling up the paneer, bite after bite,
Quick word of advice don’t order anything with a white gravy,
Only the Gora’s like such bland food, Gosh they must be crazy.

(in case you guys were doubting my Hindi credentials) 

Lal Bagh ke shaan tho inki Shirni thi,
Humare badnaseebi thi ki hume usse kaane ko nahi mili,
Udaipur aaye ho tho yahaan pe aana Zaroor,
Ab mujhe Angrezi hi pasand hai to isme mera kya kasoor?

All in all myself and Mr Shetty were totally satisfied,
The Cable cars at Pichola Lake were a spectacular ride,
Undoubtedly Lal Bagh has the best Tandoori food in the whole of Rajasthan,
But I have to say I really hated the roadside PAAN!!

Now that was a whacky food review wasn’t it? I would have loved to go to Lal Bagh again and try out more items in the menu, but unfortunately I just couldn’t find the time; still it was a great 3 weeks Nayan Shetty, I hope we have more such fun adventures together in the near future.

PS: I’m really sorry dad if you do indeed read this! I mean come on you have to admit this has to be the coolest way to find out that your son’s a hardcore non-vegetarian!!! :)

2 comments:

  1. Haha nice one mate...dint realise you had a flair for blogging

    how bout something for footy too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Football is too controversial a topic to blog about mate. Besides don't we trash talk enough on FB and in person. Keep following the blog man, much appreciated!! :)

    ReplyDelete