Friday, August 19, 2011

In Chris Martin we trust....

Alternative rock is a dying breed. Gone are the glory days of RHCP, Oasis etc. Over the last decade there has been only ONE band that has single handedly ruled the Alternative scene - COLDPLAY. Possibly one the world's most popular bands, Coldplay and Chris Martin can hardly do a thing wrong. Every guy, girl, grandpa, old lady, kid, teenager, college professor, hell even my mother seems to love the majestic voice of Chris Martin. I'm sure even animals would prefer Coldplay as the band they'd wanna jam too. So basically this review should be a peace of cake really, hell everyone already knows about Coldplay and their awesome music, I'm merely going to have to make a "Statement of Facts" and give you my view about their music and then I can salvage the rest of my Loong weekend. So let me make this real quick.

Chris Martin - Best singer from Britain ever!
Coldplay - The only band you can listen to both when you're really really happy or really really sad.
Yellow is very mellow, hence I became a fan of this Chris Martin fellow. 
Strawberry Swing - Should be renamed to WORLD'S GUILTY PLEASURE SONG
X&Y - Definitely some of the best albums I have heard in a long time.
Viva La Vida - I was proven wrong by Coldplay, 3 years after X&Y. I stand corrected, Viva La Vida is one of the greatest albums to have ever been made.
Mylo Xyloto - Their latest album to be out in Oct 2011, and then this will become the greatest album.
Chris Martin - He's really really that good.
The Scientist - Loved the song, Loved the video even more.

Everybody knows that in "A Rush of Blood to the Head", "Clocks" is a brilliant song, but "Amsterdam" is better but "A Rush of Blood to The Head" is undoubtedly the best. Viva La Vida or Death of All His Friends is just too awesome to blog about. Best 10 songs I have heard of Coldplay. Okay more facts now.

"Every Dear Drop is a Waterfall" and "Paradise" are good songs (will feature in upcoming album)
Chris Martin is one lucky bastard to get Gwyneth Paltrow as his wife. He's about 35 and he still sings better than most 20-25 year olds.
If you haven't heard of a band named Coldplay then you my friend are the biggest N.E.R.D alive and nobody likes you.
If I'm tipsy and you tell me Coldplay sucks, I will SLAP YOU.
One of the greatest discographies of all time:
  • 2000 - Parachutes
  • 2002 - A Rush of Blood to The Head
  • 2005 - X&Y
  • 2008 - Viva La Vida or Death of All His Friends
  • 2011 - Mylo Xyloto (to be released)
Peace Out!!!






3 comments:

  1. Steve Wilson worth mentioning perhaps ????
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steven_Wilson

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are u referring to PT's Steve Wilson?? I havent heard a lot of Porcupine Tree, but Progressive Rock is different from what Coldplay is man. Still, I'll probably feature PT at a later date!

    ReplyDelete
  3. as if you will write about coldplay and i wont comment!! HELL YES to every single thing.

    ReplyDelete