Saturday, September 17, 2011

The Two in ONE!

Thunder only happens when it's raining
Players only love you when they're playing
Women, they will come and they will go
When the rain washes you clean, you'll know

Okay sounds totally random doesn't it? Well a bunch of you might have recogonized these lyrics and instantly started humming the chorus of Dreams - Fleetwood Mac. Now I wouldn't blame you for not having heard of Fleetwood, hell I myself didn't know much about them until like a year and a half ago, still this is some good shit I tell you. They aren't the coolest rock band to come out of Britain, hell not by a long shot, but in Stevie Nicks, Christine McVie and Lindsey Buckingham; they did have one of the most intriguing set of vocalists in town, probably the only women vocalists who even have a chance to compete with the likes of Perry, Freddie Mercury, John Lennon etc. Now if you discount the ladies from Fleetwood Mac, they sound mind numbingly average, I mean of their 20 something studio albums only a handful of songs are worthy of listening to, hence I have to tell you only to listen to their Greatest Hits. Even the greatest hits album isnt all smooth sailing, it starts off brilliantly with awesome songs like "Dreams", "Go Your Own Way", "Everywhere", "Little Lies", "Black Magic Woman", "Don't Stop" etc. But on the whole this isn't the greatest album at all.

Fleetwood are probably someone you can listen to once in a while, or when fate decides to play them on iPod Shuffle. Still that being said, I still love some of their songs and the vocals are awesome so yes I listen to Fleetwood Mac quite regularly! McVie is hands down the best of the three vocals, most of my favorite songs are with her singing, still its all futile comparing that to the GREEN CHICKEN WRAP!!

What???? Oh yeah, since I didnt have more than 10 sentences to write about Fleetwood Mac, I decided to jam in some good wraps and frankies in between. FAASO's. Okay this absolutely no one would have heard of unless you're living in Powai or the western suburbs. Good cheap food. Galleria is full of such wonderful places and I must say, this has been one of my favorite destinations for a quick bite. The most alluring factor about Faaso's - its dirt cheap, at 70 bucks a wrap you can eat away to glory. I can't really comment about any of their Veg Wraps because lets face it, I'm hardly a vegetarian now. Still their Non Veg wraps are to die for. Chicken Bhuna, Green Chicken, Chicken Tikka - well you get the point. They have Reshmi Kebabs and stuff too, at the max you will spend like 150 bucks a head for a filling meal at Faaso's. To make things interesting they have like these combo deals where you can choose upto 3-4 wraps and get like the 5th one free and a bunch of other combo deals. And yes they deliver too. My only complaint would be the fact that even though its 70 bucks a wrap, its hardly filling so you have to have atleast 2 wraps to even consider it as a meal but what the hell, its not too much to shell out now is it?! Anyways enjoy Faaso's and Fleetwood. Its not really the ideal combination, but we've had worse!! CHEERS!

No comments:

Post a Comment