Friday, September 2, 2011

Juicy Stuff!

Okay this is a very spur-of-the-moment review. I was not going to write about Juicy Stuff, simply because I was under the false delusion that it was simply too chindi to write about, I mean there must be like a thousand such places in Bombay that serve good butter chicken for good cheap prices, but whats so different about this place you ask?

Well the name. JUICY STUFF! Seriously whacky is just an understatement. And if that wasn't enough to make you a regular at Juicy Stuff, enter PAWAN - everybody's favorite waiter. His sidelocks (well you can't really call them sidelocks, they are more like sidelocks long enough to look like pigtails) are simply superb. Damm nice guy, helps you out with the menu and stuff, tells you what to order and I'm sure he makes a hefty sum just by the way of tips. Now more importantly the food at Juicy Stuff is awesome. Value for money basically. Its not some fancy restaurant where you can dine with your suit and tie, its your everyday sasta khana joint. Ive been told by my friends that 2 years back, the food was even more cheaper and fewer people had heard of the place, but still today one can get a nice filling meal for just about 200-250 bucks per head. Now thats some deal. Great food too. I just love the starters at Juicy Stuff, very tasty and the chicken is just brilliant, maybe the fact that a plate of Chilli Chicken costs only 110 bucks makes it taste better. Either way all the starters are worth having, though I have a few qualms with the quantity, hungry growing boys like myself can easily finish one starter on their own. This is why you should go to Juicy stuff with atleast 2 people, that way more starters, more chicken and more people to split the bill with. The Chicken Sczhewan Fingers are simply to DIE for and even the Lollypops are worth having, but 6 pieces only, so yeah don't expect a lot. Most of the starters are around 100 bucks each, so the sensible thing to do is come down and have like 4-5 starters in all.

Tried the main course in Juicy Stuff a couple of times, decent enough, the butter chicken is nice, although Ive had better. But for 140 bucks, I think this is probably the best butter Chicken in Powai. I would stay away from the Chinese food, its a little too Indianized for my liking, still no complaints, Juicy Stuff is the ideal food joint to eat on a regular basis without feeling the pinch on your pocket. Pawan's hospitality is just an added bonus. Like my friend said, "Call Pawan and ask him for 1 Better Chicken, 2 Better Naan, 1 Cock, 1 Maazda with lots of ASS". I shit you not, Pawan will laugh at you but still get your order in less than 15 mins. Oh yes thats the best part, since its such a small eatery, only like 4 tables can be seated on top, therefore the service becomes very fast. Mind you its not the most spacious restaurant to eat, so if you're unlucky enough to sit next to a bunch of spoilt brats talking about their BMW's and BlackBerry's then well you're evening will be ruined. But atleast you have awesome Chilly Chicken and Butter Chicken to help ease the misery. I strongly recommend this place guys, they deliver too in and around Powai, but then you wont get to meet Pawan. Either way, JUICY STUFF ZINDABAAD!!!

PS: I was too embarrassed to actually go place the order my friend told me to, but I'm sure he has actually done it.

1 comment:

  1. Pawan is the man! He's the only waiter in the world who'll respond to:

    1 Better Chicken
    2 Better Naans
    1 Cock
    1 Maazda
    And lots of aas!

    ReplyDelete